Quality Components (UK) Ltd. Processing Standards
CAD File Restrictions
- All electronic cad files (DXF / DWG etc.) when supplied should be 1:1 and include at least 1 reference dimension, these will be used for quoting and production purposes unless we are specifically informed in writing that the CAD data is different from the order, any scaling should be noted in the text of your drawings and brought to the attention of the sales department.
- Amendments to existing parts stored on our system must be clearly identified with the part / drawing number they supersede.
- Parts will be cut exactly as the geometry in the cad data, manually added overridden dimensions and annotations will be ignored.
- All patterned plate drawings will be taken as pattern side to view unless noted otherwise.
- End elevations of formed components should be provided to ensure clarity of customers requirements.
- Cut, Etched and Text objects on drawings should be clearly identified on separate layers.
- Any changes made by Quality Components to CAD drawings will be returned to the customer for confirmation, and work will not commence until customer approval has been received.
- Any advised delivery dates are subject to receipt of confirmed drawings from the customer.
- Parts that have a `brushed finish' the grain direction must be clearly indicated.
- Faxed drawings are liable to distortion so all dimensions must be clearly marked.
- Additional charges may be applied for non-standard processed parts where inadequate information is supplied.
- Long, thin components may be subject to distortion when processed.
- If material is coated both sides, one side will be removed to facilitate cutting.
- Whilst every care will be taken whilst handling material, handling can cause surface scratches, and we will endeavour to keep this to a minimum.
- Tooling marks may be present on pressed parts.
- If we are unable to offer the internal radii requested on customers drawings due to current tooling held in stock, we will advise the radii we can achieve.
- Material that is formed with the grain may be subject to cracking, therefore we are unable to guarantee crack free material.
- Cross contamination may occur when folding stainless and aluminium material.
- Material edge striations can occur on plate thicknesses of 15mm and above.
- Burring can occur on stainless and aluminium material on plate thicknesses of 6mm and above.
- Plastic coatings on small components may be removed by the laser process.
- Edges of profiles will be hardened due to the thermal cutting process.
- Marking on suitable material can be laser etched.
- Edge finish cannot be guaranteed.
- Plate is supplied self colour, which may have some surface rust present, unless the customer has specifically requested otherwise.
- Laser Cutting +/- 0.3mm
- Folding +/- 0.5mm
- Stock will not be reserved until credit clearance has been achieved, delays may subsequently mean that stock has been sold elsewhere.
- Delays due to credit issues may adversely affect delivery date.